Your Erotic Blueprint™ is how you show up when it comes to your sexuality.
It’s your desires, longings, and turn-ons, as well as your shadows.
And we can be a blend of most or all of them. However, at different times in our lives, one Blueprint may be more pronounced than others.
Things may shift and our primary Blueprint may be overshadowed by another Blueprint at a different time in our lives.
So whether someone currently maps as Sensual, Energetic, Kinky, Sexual or a Shape-Shifter as their primary Blueprint doesn’t mean they will always map to that Blueprint as their primary.
So, we know that a Sensual can be of a more kinesthetic-based lover, while Energetics leans toward, well, energy. And a Kinky Type is driven by whatever is taboo for them or by sensation play.
But the Sexual Type is primarily turned on by intercourse, orgasm, physical touch to the genital area, nudity, erotic dance and what we traditionally call “sex.”
They can go from zero to orgasm very, very quickly, once exposed to the correct stimuli or simply because their drive is so high.
The Sexual Erotic Blueprint personifies what most of us think about when we think about sex.
Much of our economy is fueled by sexually-driven marketing.
Pornography itself is a $97B industry.
And much of our entertainment, such as movies, music, and music videos are deeply rooted in sexuality.
There are not many channels you can turn on where you won’t find the female body being exposed for the beauty that it holds. Or chiseled males being highlighted for their physical prowess.
Even shows that are earmarked for youth often tap into sexuality, on some level.
With this in mind, we may also come to the conclusion that our society caters to the Sexual Blueprint and all of this easy exposure may allow the Sexual Type to stay caught in a rut.
“This is how everyone thinks about sex, right?”
The Sexual Type can get overexposed to the same, repetitive stimuli and the same approach to “getting off.”
The turn on becomes a habit, that becomes a rut and then it can lose its effectiveness or excitement for the individual. If it doesn’t get to be a problem or challenge for the Sexual, it may very well be a problem for their partner(s).
Your partner is very likely a different Blueprint than you and they need their desires to be fed in their own unique way.
This is where it becomes highly desirable for the Sexual Type to look for new ways to ignite turn on and discover new approaches to their eroticism.
Things you can do, as a Sexual Blueprint Primary, to keep your turn-on turned on:
1. Look for pleasure in your own body.
- In being still and quiet within yourself and allowing your mind to clear and reset, you can look for what truly brings pleasure to your body.
- It may be touching your own genitals in new ways that turn you on.
- You may find that the feel of a new material against your skin heightens your access to pleasure.
- You may find that trying new channels of exposure help unlock your turn-on-ability.
- Just keep yourself open to what gets you most excited and let yourself play.
- Tuning out for a while may help reset your mental status, as well as your nervous system, giving you that oomph you are missing.
- We are bombarded by messages, notifications, emails, communications of all kinds, all day long.
- Meditation may also open up your senses by helping you let go of thoughts that accumulate and limit your range of responsiveness.
3. Explore new places and new sights and sounds.
- When you step into new – no matter what kinds of “new”, you are stepping in with a clean slate, a brain that is awake and paying attention.
- Those “new” experiences also help keep your body and mind primed for new sexual experiences.
4. Expansion!!! Explore other Erotic Blueprints.
- You may just find that it’s not the overexposure to all things sexual, but that it’s a desire to discover new pathways and open to new patterns of arousal offered by different Erotic Blueprints.
- That is Awesome!
- You’re ready to expand and the other Blueprints may hold the key that your lock is looking for. Again, exposure to the new can open up a whole new level of excitement for you.
While we live in a culture that is geared toward the turn-ons of the Sexual Blueprint, sometimes it takes a little more effort to relight a flame that has been dimmed by overexposure.
But with a little patience (and a ton of fun!), you will be on your way to another highly satisfying stage of your sexuality.